Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Been A While

Two weeks ago today my wife Norma Kay had heart surgery. Discussing her health online makes her just a tad uncomfortable, so let me just say that she is improving and, in my opinion, her recovery is ahead of schedule. As I’ve said elsewhere, my wife is the kindest, gentlest and most unselfish person I’ve ever known, and the world is a better place with her in it.

We both appreciate the unbelievable outpouring of support, prayers, well-wishes, visits and calls. We have amazing friends and family, and we are humbled by your response.

Hopefully, you’ll understand if I’m late in responding to emails or other correspondence. I’m working to catch up now.

I’m also endeavoring to make up for lost time on writing assignments. I just sent off my latest installment of the next Dead Earth novel to Dave Wilbanks. I have the final Dead Sheriff edits to do this week and a short story to write.

The past three weeks have been dizzying and, at times, terrifying, but I think both of us will end up being stronger (and healthier) because of it.

Thanks for your continued support.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear your wife is recovering well. Best wishes.