Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mitt Romney Out, Stephen King In

Mitt Romney, the political mannequin, quit the presidential race today. This affects me not at all, since voting for him was never in my playbook.

In a world of phony double-talkers, Romeny was king. His position on the issues shifted more than the transmission on a ‘70 GTO. If you looked up “plastic” in the dictionary, you’d find Mitt’s picture.

Hey, I’m not the only one who thinks so.



McCain is going to be the Republican nominee, so here’s my question: will Hilary and Obama team up for the sure shot at beating McCain in November? Could they put their egos and grievances aside? Could Hilary settle for Vice-President? Would Oprah allow Barack to take the number two spot?

If you’re a political junkie like me, these are interesting times.

***

I just finished Duma Key by Stephen King, easily his best novel in years. It’s a spooky meditation on the power of creativity to heal broken people. I’m writing a review for Horror World, and I think I need to ruminate on the book for a bit before I’ll be ready to set my thoughts down.

Meanwhile I’ve started reading Deeper by James A.Moore.

***

Congratulation to my buddy Matt Cowan on his first short story sale. Read all about it here.

No comments: