Saturday, January 03, 2015

Scribbling in 2015


It’s no secret that my writing productivity hasn’t been great for the last couple of years. There have been months that the only writing I’ve managed to complete is my weekly newspaper column (of which I’m starting my fourth year).

The problems that have kept me away from the keyboard (and which I thought were resolved a year ago) seem to be more manageable now.

After I finish a long overdue project this month, I will write a long story about a licensed character that I have a lot of fondness for. My pitch was approved yesterday.

Once that’s done, I embark upon a new novel with friend and frequent collaborator David T. Wilbanks. This isn’t a Dead Earth novel. It’s a standalone horror story and I’m excited about the premise. I expect this one to be finished in the Fall.

There’s also another novel I want to finish. That will happen during off days on the Untitled Collaboration.

I always want to do more, but I think that’s a healthy 12 months of work in what I hope will be my Catch-Up Year of Writing.

No comments: