Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Latest Writing Update

Here’s a quick note for anyone who is interested in my writing and to clarify a couple of projects I hinted at a couple of weeks ago.

I’m working hard to finally finish up the second volume of The Dead Sheriff. I hope to have it done, edited and off to the publisher in two weeks. I’m also making notes for TDS 3. I have big plans for my undead lawman, folks.

Next up is a novelette for a licensed character. It was going to be titled “Mr. Dark”, but it may become “Mr. Dusk”instead because I like the sound of it a little better.

I am also planning at least two graphic novel pitches this year. The first one will go out in February.
       
Also in February, David T. Wilbanks and I start working on a new horror novel. It’s not a Dead Earth story, but it’s going to be pretty cool. I briefly toyed with the idea of setting up a Patreon page for DE (that’s the service that allows readers to pay a an author per month to write) but I’m not sure there’s enough support for a pay-as-you-go Dead Earth novel. Perhaps I should throw the idea out there on social media to gauge how many people would kick in a buck or two a month to make a new DE happen.

I have a novel called Reaper Road that’s been languishing on my hard drive for far too long while I worked on other things. That will move to the front burner in February (How do I write two novels at once? The way Dave and I work, we takes turns writing a section of the book. When I pass it off to him, I’ll write Reaper Road until it’s my turn on the unnamed novel again).

This fall, I will write TDS 3 for  2016 publication. There are also a couple of other projects that may crop up this year. It’s a little too early to say anything yet.

I have some short stories to write, too.

My weekly humor column for the Ashland Beacon has entered its fourth year.

And Pod of Horror lives! I love the podcast I do with my buddy Nanci Kalanta and I have plans to streamline the show and get it out more frequently.

If you’ve been a reader of my stuff, thank you for the support. Also, I appreciate your patience as I worked through some issues that kept me away from the keyboard.





No comments: