Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Write Stuff

This one’s writing related, so if that idea bores you, check back later in the week. I’ll try to be entertaining then.

I’m plugging away on The Firecracker Man, mostly figuring out how all the disparate character threads are going to come togther. That’s the problem with writing something patchwork over a couple of years. My goal is to finish this by spring.

I have grandiose ambitions. This is the year of The Novels for me. I plan on finishing three of them. Not all are from scratch. TFM is three quarters finished. One more is a third done. And Dave Wilbanks and I are starting on the novel-length follow up to the novella we’re currently shopping around, so I’ll be working on that at the same time as TFM.

I know that’s a lofty goal, especially for someone who works a lot of hours at his day job, but I need the deadlines to motivate me. Check back in ‘07 to find out how it worked out.

I can’t give you the title of the collaborative novel yet, since we haven’t announced the novella’s name (at least I haven’t; I don’t know about Dave). I can give you the initials, though. DE:TVR. Let the guessing begin. Hey, Wilbanks, can we give a prize to the person who guesses correctly?

1 comment:

Mark Justice said...

Good point. So give me a killer title that melts my eyeballs.