Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Let It Snow!

It's a little past 2 in the afternoon here in my part of the Bluegrass state (depsite what the Blogger time stamp says).

The snow is pouring down. I just called my snow-hating best friend to razz her about it.

The turkey is in the oven. Norma has baked two Red Velvet cakes, two pecan pies, and two pumpkin pies. She also made a Better Than Sex cake that I delivered to another friend this morning. Said friend has stated in the past that, while she likes the cake, it's not actually better.

I'm ready for the holiday. Bring on the parade and football. And some dressing.

***

A copy of Taverns of the Dead arrived today, along with a check for a story. And we didn't get any medical bills. That officially makes this a Good Mail Day.

***

Instead of blogging, I'm supposed to be cleaning the den/office. But I'm hung up on which books to keep here and which to box up for the attic. A little of that wisdom of Solomon would come in handy.

Or a bigger house.

***

I wrote another story today. Don't be impressed; it was a very short one and I had planned to write it next week. But the idea struck this morning and wouldn't shut up. So I wrote it down and sent it off.

I received some solid advice today from a writer who I respect more than almost any other. Sometimes I need a good swift boot to the ass and that's what he gave me, though in a polite way.

No comments: