Sunday, November 06, 2005

Popping My Blogger Cherry

It's been a long time coming, as inevitable as a session on the can after a trip through the White Castle drive-thru.

I'm a blogger.

We're furiously packing for our cruise. We're going to Grand Cayman, then somewhere in Mexico. Originally it was going to be Cozumel, but since that garden spot was wiped from the face of the earth, we'll be stopping at a backup site.

(And everybody has directed me to the story about pirates attacking the cruise ship off the coast of Somalia. I don't think we'll have a pirate problem on our cruise, but it begs the question: who picks Somalia for a vacation destination? "Somalia: Come for the starvation, stay for the genocide.")

Before the trip, I still have some administrative things to take care of at work, two reviews to write, and a Bengals game to watch with my brother (can't let productivity stand in the way of the Bengals).

I want to finish a short story, as well, but that probably means no sleep. Hey, I can always snooze on the plane, right?

For the trip, I'm packing Dusk by Tim Lebbon, who we just interviewed for Pod of Horror #5. That episode goes live in the morning right here.

POH #5 includes the BBC appearance from Halloween night, the "we want you for fifteen minutes, but it will actually only be three and we'll cut you off as you scream out the web site address so no one can easily utilize this free publicity to find you" appearance.

Page Horrific just went up with my reviews of Blood Red by James A. Moore and Cold Flesh edited by Paul Fry. But the highlights of the issue are Dave Wilbanks' interview of Ray Garton and another great column by Tom Piccirilli.

2 comments:

Mark Justice said...

No Sharpie, but I did remember the shot glass.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reviewing Cold Flesh. How did you like my story, "Limbless Bodies Swaying"? If you want, contact me through my website, www.exit66.net.