Tuesday, January 05, 2016

2016 Reading

As I mentioned when I announced my Top Books of the Year on the latest Pod of Horror, there were many books I didn’t have time to get to in 2015. I’m trying to correct that now. in the lineup for the next few weeks are Dead Ringers by Christopher Golden, Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Trembaly, The Silence by Tim Lebbon and Answers of Silence by Geoff Cooper.

What am I looking forward to in 2016? In no particular order:


A Long December by Richard Chizmar. Probably best known as a publisher, Chizmar deserves to be better recognized for his moody, evocative writing.

End of Watch by Stephen King. I loved the first two entries in the Bill Hodges series. It looks like the third one is taking a turn into more traditional supernatural King territory.

The Fireman by Joe Hill.  Hill’s NOS4A2 rocked, and I'm looking forward to this novel of a plague that causes its victims to spontaneously burst into flames.

Freedom of the Mask by Robert McCammon. Another entry in McCammon’s spectacular Matthew Corbett historical detective series.

And, I’m sure, many, many more to come.

What are you poanning to read this year?

No comments: