Monday, January 11, 2016

Sunday


I spent the morning watching the Sunday news shows (I’m a news junkie, in case I’ve never mentioned it) and writing my weekly humor column for a local newspaper.

Later, I recorded an interview with horror author Kealan Patrick Burke for an upcoming installment of Pod of Horror. His new novella Sour Candy is one of the best things I’ve read in recent memory. We discussed that and many other topics. The interview will appear on Pod of Horror #80, which should be out in the next week to 10 days. I’ll let you know when it’s streaming.

I also dabbled a bit with the short story I mentioned earlier. I know, I know. I have a novel to finish and The Dead Sheriff to revise (and then the Donovan Pike book and a collection of pulp stories and something else I’m talking about with a collaborator...) but I love short stories. I love reading them and writing them.

Once it’s finished I’m not sure I’ll know what to do with it. I’m very out of touch with the markets these days, and most of the magazines I like to read all seem to be closed to submissions.

Still, that’s okay. It’s a story that’s demanding to be written and that’s all that really matters.

No comments: