Saturday, January 02, 2016

Saturday Writing

I made good progress on the horror novel today. This is the book I have to finish before I can revise The Dead Sheriff and write the Donovan Pike pulp adventure novel.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the weeks between Thanksgiving and the new year were not the best for writing, due to work, family commitments and the other intrusions of day to day life. With the holidays over, I think the writing is back on track.

Also, I dabbled a bit with a horror short story. I’ve had several story ideas jostling around in my head for months, fighting to get out.

Years ago, a writer I greatly admire warned me not to divide my attention among multiple writing projects at the same time. I’ve tried to stick to that bit of wisdom. But this story really wants to be written.

On the other hand, it’s been so long since I’ve completed a piece of short horror fiction that I’m not sure what to do with it when I do finish it.

Also, I’m not certain many people are interested in these little writing updates. So I’ll try to keep them short. I do these from time to time as a form of motivation for me. If you get something out of them, that’s great, too.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

2 comments:

Matt Cowan said...

I'm interested, Mark. I enjoy knowing what sort of things I have to look forward to from you. Also, as a writer, it does me good to get a feel for how other writers tackle making time to write.

Mark Justice said...

Thanks, Matt. I'm like you. I enjoy reading the behind-the-scenes posts from other writers.