Sunday, June 11, 2006

Alas, Pulp Nocturne...

Pulp Nocturne was going to be a site featuring new serialized fiction in the spirit of the blood 'n' thunder pulps of yore. The lineup was Steven Shrewsbury, David T. Wilbanks, Walt Hicks and me.

Walt Hicks secured the domain, designed the pages and commissioned spectacular artwork from Billy Tackett. Fiction was produced. He sunk his own cash and time into this, and was fantastic to work with.

For a number of reasons Walt was unable to continue with the project. It was a cool idea and a labor of love, but, for the moment, PN appears to be dead.


The other guys had some great stories going. Shrews did a brutal, bloody sword and sorcery yarn. Walt had a SF adventure serial and Dave blew me away with his Burroughs-esque fantasy. I hope they all find a new home for their stories. I, for one, would love to see what happens next.

My own entry was a tribute to the fantastic 1930s adventures of Doc Savage and The Spider. I have a couple of ideas about what do do next with it. I may post the first chapter here.

Meanwhile, if there's a pulp-crazy webmaster out there, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.