Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaNoWriMo

That's National Novel Writing Month to you and me.

It started today. I'm not officially signed up, but I'm committed to doing it anyway. Kind of like being a believer without going to church, I suppose.

For the moment we're going to pretend like I haven't started several novels and abandoned them. I consider them my WMDs. And like the President, I ain't talkin' about 'em.

Instead, I've girded my loins (kids, don't try this at home) and set fingers to keyboard. Despite my crazy schedule I'm going to try to find the time to write a novel this month. And I'll be honest with you: weekends and the week of Thanksgiving are going to have to be massively productive.

Just to crank up the pressure and chance of abject humiliation I'll try to post a word count here every day.

The novel is called Reaper Road. Here's how today went:

2071/80,000

No comments: