Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Breakfast Club Six Hour Christmas Spectacular

We wrapped up our annual six-hour Christmas show yesterday and it went really well, mostly due to the great staff I work with. Special thanks goes out to Dee, who was the field general of the show, organizing the prizes and making sure things in the lobby ran smoothly while I was trapped in the studio. Also thanks to Bobby Hall, Ted Robinson, Little Buck, Scott Martin, Dave and Evelyn Conley, MJ McCay, Sara Whatchaeatin’, Mindy, Ronnie Bell, Cindy 2 and everyone else who helped.

The Weekend Warriors presented me with a Bengals jersey , #85, ‘cause I look so much like Chad Johnson. I love it. I’ll have it on at one o’clock today.

A very special moment was seeing my friend John Burdette walk through the door. I didn’t think he would make it this year. Before last Christmas and the onset of his illness, John had not missed a Christmas show since we started doing them in 1992.

Thanks, too, to Opie, who flew in from LA to cohost the show. He made his debut on my Christmas show in 1994. Now look at him. All growed up and working for a record company.

We had a great musical lineup, including Rob McNurlin and the Beatnik Cowboys, Steve Free
, Jeff Elswick and his daughter Whitney, Larry Pancake, Jeff Walbrun of EK Station, Eddie and Tony of ETA, John Thornsbury and especially the official house band of the Breakfast Club Six Hour Christmas Spectacular, Phattsidedown.

I appreciated the gifts, especially the Mexican Velveeta. My brother and I will enjoy that during the Bengals game this afternoon.

And a special acknowledgment to whomever brought me the plate of Chick-Fil-A nuggets. Ah, sweet, sweet nuggets. I dreamt of them last night. Nuggggggeeetttts.....

No comments: