Friday, December 02, 2005

Is It Over Yet?



It’s been an odd week.

A major technical problem at work has put me behind in virtually every area, including Pod of Horror. POH #7 was due on 12/5. Now it looks like it will be 12/12, and because of my hectic schedule it may be the only episode for December.

***

I worked hard to finish a short story for an anthology with a deadline of 12/1/05. The listing came from a usually reliable market report, so imagine my surprise when I got an email from the editor informing me the anthology isn’t open yet and probably won’t be for a while. Apparently the market report jumped the gun.

At least I ended up with a good story. I’m glad the guidelines were fairly non-specific, so the story will work well elsewhere. I already have another market in mind for it

***

A locally published glossy magazine has asked me to contribute a humorous column. The pay is very nice, so now I just have to find something funny to say.

Hey, maybe I can use the pirate crotch joke.

Or maybe not.

No comments: