Monday, January 06, 2014

Slow Sunday

I made little progress on the book today because I went back to fix a character issue. I don't usually like to do any revisions (other than typos) until the first draft is complete, but this issue affects the rest of the book, so if it ain't right, the book ain't right.

Tomorrow I go back to work after my holiday vacation, and I'm in for a very busy couple of weeks. If I can squeeze out a thousand words a day on the new book, I'll be happy. In fact, I know of one day where I'll probably have zero writing time. I'll have to make that up down the line.

The book is due at the end of the month. It's going to be tight.

Once it's done, I'll move on to a novelette I've promised a friend, then to finish a novel I've been tinkering with for a couple of years.

Also this year, I want to pitch a horror comic called Usher's Furnace, and Dave Wilbanks and I are discussing another Dead Earth book. 

That should take care of my free time.

No comments: