Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Welcome to the Future



Like almost everybody I’ve spoken with, I’m looking forward to better year than 2013.

The year wasn’t horrible. In fact, several great things happened in 2013. Unfortunately, writing wasn’t one of them.

There was a lot of chaos swirling near my life and I allowed it to interfere with my writing time. Did I say interfere? Hell, I meant practically eliminate. This was my most unproductive writing year since I turned pro. In fact, the only writing I turned out on regular basis was my weekly humor column for the Ashland Beacon (which you can read right here; this week’s column is my New Year’s “revolutions” for 2014).

(Oh, and for what the specific cause or causes were for the chaos, forget it. It’s personal and that’s all you need to know. Except that some of the reasons for the problems have been resolved.)

Obviously, things have to change. I have deadlines to meet and several projects I want to complete. My focus this year has to be to carve out time at the keyboard every single day. That means other things will be delayed. For instance, I managed to produce only one episode of Pod of Horror in 2013, due to the same reasons that kept me from writing. Moving forward, I do want to continue PoH. It’s a labor of love. But writing is going to take top priority. I will do PoH when I can.

I will also try to blog more regularly, if for no other reason than to update the status of my writing. That serves as motivation for me. I’m not sure I’ll need it, but it’s here if I do. I will continue to do the bulk of my social interaction on Facebook.

So thanks to those of your who have supported my writing. I hope to have a few things to announce here over the next 12 months.


Oh, and Happy New Year from the Evil Flatwoods Tree.


No comments: