Friday, January 03, 2014

Today's Writing

While not nearly as exciting as the magnetic alignment of pooping dogs, I did manage 2162 words on the new book today, my best day's writing in quite some time. I'm at that point where key elements of the story are orbiting my head and starting to fall into place. I just hope I don't end up like the guy who used to repair appliances for us. 

When he once fixed our washer, a couple of big parts were left on the floor. 

"What are those?" I said.

He glanced at them and said, "Aw, don't worry about it. You don't need 'em."

***

I've been reading the year-end recaps on other blogs, and I realized I should tell you that I don't know how many books I read last year. I don't keep track of how many movies I watched. I don't care how many books anyone else read. Apparently I lack the OCD gene necessary to count all of that. Or to, you know, care on any level. Man, it just seems like a lot of work. Isn't life hard enough? I mean, dogs are lining up their poops according to Earth's magnetic field. Wake up, people!


No comments: