Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Weekend

Recorded a new Pod or Horror yesterday. I’ll tell you more about it on Monday. I really enjoy the process, since Dave and I cut up so much behind the scenes. Today we shared stories of Napoleon Dynamite, writers with big egos and bestiality. That’s the stuff that ought to go on the podcast.

***

We’re well into DE:TVR, our collaborative novel. My illness delayed my writing by a day, but I delivered my pages to Dave yesterday afternoon. I had to clear the decks for (drum roll here) the Super Bowl party.

Norma’s making six of her original, superb homemade taco pizzas. She spent the day baking fudge and brownies. And there’ll be Margaritas. Perhaps my friend Connie will repeat her declaration from the 2003 Super Bowl Party: “Marky, I can’t feel my face.”

Aye Carumba!

***



Talked to Dr. David Gallo last night. In addition to being a big-time oceanographer at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Cape Cod and starring in every other TV documentary, he’s the smartest guy I know and he’s official science advisor to The Breakfast Club. He was on his way back from L.A., where he was at some event with Naomi Judd. Here’s a pic:


That’s the house she grew up in here in Ashland. If you read her book, you might be left with the impression she was dirt poor. Some here feel that is, ah, poetic license.

Oh, and he also mentioned that he had an invitation to go to a dinner in NYC prepared on the site by my next wife Rachael Ray.

That’s it, buddy. Stick that knife in and twist it.

***

A magazine editor just returned a story, asking for some changes. I wrote this one so long ago the details are fuzzy. I’ll have to find time today to read it and see if I think I can make the changes work.

No comments: