Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pulpworld


So I have this I idea I’m dying to do. See, I’ve always been a fan of pulp fiction – the real pulp fiction, from the 30s and 40s. Particularly the hero pulps like Doc Savage, The Shadow and The Spider.

For a long time I’ve kicked around concepts for modern day pulp stories. I’ve even written a few, but the market for such stuff is hard to find, particularly now that Adventure Fiction Online is gone (they ran several of my stories, including one of my faves “The Sun God Comes Home”). I even toyed with the idea of putting it on a website.

When Muy Mal debuted at the first of this year, I suddenly realized how my plan would work.

PULPWORLD would be the umbrella title for a site that showcased serialized pulp novels: hard-hitting, apocalyptic pulp-style adventures, written by several writers and exploring different genres. You could drop in weekly and get new chapters of yarns starring sword-wielding barbarians, bloodthirsty urban avengers and science heroes.


So what’s stopping me?

I need at least a couple of other writers to provide enough content to make the trip each week worthwhile, and the writers I know who are interested in writing pulp fiction number exactly one. Me.

And I don’t have the technical expertise to put it together. So somebody on the team would have to be technosavvy

But one day I’ll find a way to make PULPWORLD work. And when I do, Mr. Resurrection, The Dead Sheriff and The Sun God will have a home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! pulpworld.com's already taken, but this is still a cool idea. Once I get relocated and things calm down a bit, shoot me an email and maybe we can get something going!

--HellBound Walt