Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Week That Was

It’s been an interesting week here on the home front.

I had lunch with the quarterback of the New York Jets, Chad Pennington. Okay, me and 300 other people. It was a fundraiser for the Boy Scouts, and since Pennington went to nearby Marshall University, he came back to help out the Scouts. He also brought former Marshall teammate Troy Brown from the New England Patriots.

Hey, my table was next to Pennington’s table. Does that count?

It was a fairly good writing week, too. I produced two nice chunks of the collaborative novel with Dave Wilbanks. Work continues on The Firecracker Man. And I cranked out some stuff for Pulp Nocture,

Chris Fletcher tells me the audio version of my story “Father’s Day” will be up next Saturday at The Late Late Show. I did the reading.

This week I also recorded another audio project, this time reading the work of another writer. I’ll let him announce it. What he has planned for the recording sounds like it will be pretty cool.

We finally watched the season finale of Battlestar Galactica and I was blown away. It’s rare these days to find a show willing to take chances, and the producers of Galactica did just that, turning the concept of the show on its ear. There were so many great moments. Where do I start? Adama’s devotion to duty, though he knows what it will cost. Roslin’s dereliction of duty, for the same reason. Lee’s descent. Starbuck’s spirit. The chief’s amazing transformation into a leader.

October can’t get here soon enough.

No comments: